Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Digital Stories Are Fun!


I enjoyed doing my digital story, although I need a lot more time to play with all the different things one can do with iMovie. My biggest hurdle with the digital story was deciding on my topic. I had many choices and found it difficult to narrow them down and choose one. Ultimately, my choice was on a topic that I was very familiar and comfortable with, my closest friends. I enjoyed putting together the story because it was fun to look through old photographs and reminisce about our adventures together. It’s hard to believe that we’ve been together for over fifty-five years. 

I think a digital story about a particular person, or an event can be a wonderful way to share with others. I enjoyed re-learning iMovie which I had learned ten years ago but which has changed quite a bit since I last used it. I liked playing with photographs and manipulating them to fit the needs of my story. I enjoyed choosing the music and narrating. I am looking forward to putting together more “short stories” for my family and friends.


Because of the limited time I have with my students in the art room, I feel that putting together a story would be difficult for each of my students. However, I think that using digital story telling could be a good way to introduce a new lesson on a particular artist or culture. This would be a good way to tell a story about an illustrator and any book they may have published. Digital stories could also be told about my art room to share with other teachers or parents during open house or conference time. A story could even be done with the help of all the students, maybe one for each grade level, or perhaps on a certain project that the students particularly enjoyed. 


                                            (My personal photograph of Bachelor Buttons)

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed your story as I'm sure your friends did as well! Thanks for keeping an open mind with how you can use digital storytelling in your art program.

    ReplyDelete