Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Tweet Tweet

The first time I heard about Twitter and Tweeting was during a class at Dominican University when I was a grad student in the MLIS program in 2009.  It was briefly talked about and I didn’t really pay much attention to it. It was introduced as something that was more for just up to the minute news.

The next time Twitter came up for me was during the Maidan Revolution in late 2013 in Ukraine. Following closely the events happening in Ukraine on the Maidan in Kyiv there were many calls for Twitter storms to local and high profile politicians. My children insisted I get a Twitter account and participate in the Twitter storms.  I got an account, I think I Tweeted once or twice and my Tweeting ended before it even got off the ground.

Fast forwarded to the fall of 2015 and here I am at Dominican once again and Twitter is still here with me. It is quite different from what it was 6 years ago, at least in my mind, because now it seems that everyone and everything is Tweeting on Twitter.

So far I have 14 followers and am following 32 Tweeters! I’m overwhelmed by the amount of Tweets I have even from the time school starts to lunch and find it hard to keep up.  As I pick and choose what is most interesting to give a second look, I have come across some articles and information on different things happening in art rooms across the country. 

I participated in my first Twitter chat with #k12artchat.  This group has their chat every Thursday night, with a new host each time. They also have different activities to share for each day of the week. My first time was a learning experience and I wasn’t sure if I was doing everything right….apparently the others saw me and responded so I felt my first attempt wasn't a total failure! 


There were a few things I would have liked to participate in but unfortunately the meeting times were during school hours.  I’m hoping to find more Art Groups to participate with in the future.





(Both images are grabbed from Twitter)

1 comment:

  1. Did you find one resource via Twitter in particular stood out?

    ReplyDelete